That's Me

That's Me

Monday, June 23, 2014

Three Gingers Starting the Day

When I wake up to this...

...I know it's going to be a great day.

Laying in bed with my 2 favorite fellow Gingers? How could I not have a good day after that?

Whenever Boy Teenager has had an asthma attack, I have woken up just knowing something was wrong. Even when I was on the first floor and he was on the second floor on the other side of the house from my room, I would just know. I would run up the stairs to his room before I even heard a sound from him. When he had night terrors, I would wake up and brace myself, just knowing a scream was coming. 

And the same thing happens when my Ginger Girl has a nightmare. Before I hear her, the child who will never be able to be sneaky because she inherited her heavy, flat feet from my Dad, the same as my husband has I might add, I am awake waiting for a child to come walking down the hall. Something is wrong in the force field, I feel it. 

Well, the night before this picture was taken, I had a "Mommy, I had a nightmare. A real bad one" moment and I opened my blanket and let her crawl in. I held her and felt her heartbeat and breathing slow down to normal as she fell asleep in my arms. 

Around 3:00 Ginger Girl, thinking it was after 7, decided to get out of my bed, walk to the other side, and crawl into hubby's spot. Which would be fine, except that he was still in it. She pulled the blanket back and jumped, "Oh! You're still here!"  when she saw hubby's back to her. Being woken from a sound sleep, not even knowing anyone else had been in our room, hubby's eyes popped open and he just stared at me. I guess when you've never had a child come to your side of the bed after a nightmare before, since they always go to the Mama's side, and suddenly a child is about to lay on top of you because she's half asleep, it's understandably jarring. 

After choking back my giggle so they could go back to sleep, and making the image of his startled expression stop playing over and over in my mind, I fell back to sleep once again holding Ginger Girl.

When I woke up, I looked over and saw that Watson had joined us at some point and the 3 of us had been all snuggled up together. 

That was when I knew it would be a great day. And it was. I aced all my finals that day. The final exams that had me totally stressed out and worried about failing. Next time I'm worried, I'll just grab my Ginger Girl, 'cause then I know it will all work out just perfectly the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...