That's Me

That's Me

Friday, June 20, 2014

Squatting Oompa Loompa from Russia

While talking to hubby in the kitchen, I was all, hey, I'm a mult-tasker, why am I just standing here? I said this in my head 'cause hubby was talking & I didn't want to be rude.

Plus, my family already makes fun of me for singing, "I'm brushing my hair! I'm straightening my hair! Now I'm burning my hand! Owwww!" in my best, most amazing opera voice, I don't need to give them more.

So I thought why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Tone those glutes while giving the hubs attention. That's right, I'm a good wife & a good body toner.

So I'm standing there doing squats while talking to hubby. Nothing major.

Hubby watched & talked. Then he told me I looked like an Oompa Loompa.

"I look like a freaky, short, orange man?? What is wrong with you?"

He was laughing, but I think what he said next was, "You don't look like one. What you're doing...when they do their dance...when they...up and down..." That's all I got.

This is what my husband sees
when I exercise?

Flabbergasted, I made the fatal mistake of turning to Boy Teenager & asking him if that's what I look like. He smirked. He choked on his laughter. He looked down. 

Then hubby, the man that doesn't know when to stop, said, "I know! You look like those Russian men that cross their arms and dance up and down..." he turned to Boy Teenager, "What are those guys called?"

Really?!  Source

"So which is it? Am I a Russian male dancer or an Oompa Loompa?" 

He said, "Maybe both." 

"Seriously, what is wrong with you? Who says that to their wife?"  I huffed at those 2 boys, turned, & walked away. So much for not giving my family more to laugh over. 

Then I had that damn Oompa Loompa song stuck in my head all night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...