That's Me

That's Me

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Have You Seen Your DNA Lately?

I'm sure that you thought me being on a break from school would mean that I didn't have any school related posts for a while. Oh, how you were wrong. Bwahahahaha!

My favorite lab this past quarter was with this amazing instructor. Of course. I don't have enough words to exclaim over this instructor. We all know that means something because it's a rare moment that I run out of words. 

My favorite lab was where we actually saw DNA. It's not every day, every other day, or even every other month that you get to see DNA.  The process was not fun at all. It was pretty gross. Mix stuff, swish red Gatorade in mouth for several minutes, spit into the mixture, wait. And keep waiting. 

That's the spit
on the bottom.

DNA separating from spit goo &
unwinding.


See that cloud climbing out of the
red spit goo? That's a gob of DNA.

DNA gob. 

DNA gob x 2. 

This is the kind of thing I get excited over. Hello everyone, I am Eddi M.D. The M.D. stands for Medical Dork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...