That's Me

That's Me

Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Many Faces of Nursing School Mama

It's that time again. That time when I turn even more see through & the circles under my eyes turn from gray to black. No, I'm not talking about the deep, dark corners of Wisconsin winter. I'm talking about midterms. 

I should be nose-deep in a Sixth Edition APA-formatted essay about a care plan for Nutritional Principles in Nursing or studying some aspect of human biology that is neither fun nor interesting to anyone but me, but I first have to take the time to share with you the many faces of The Nursing Student Mama. 
I'm hungry. When did I last eat? It's
probably a bad sign that I can't
remember. I should write my next
paper on how long a person can live
marginally well on Coke & water
alone.
For all of you that have not had the  agony fun of going to nursing school as a Mama to Many, let me be the poster child of the many faces of the Nursing Student Mama so that you can decide if you want to be just like me. 

Hello, Social Life. Remember me?
No? Didn't think you would. 

I work, I go to school full-time, I
have 6 kids all over me, a cat that
thinks he's a 3 year old toddler, & you
want me to do what now? 

Wait...an extra 5 chapters to read
with a test, AND another care plan
to write? Due tomorrow? I'll
get right on that,
oh wonderful teacher you.


Sure, I can make 6 dozen cookies
for your team by 6 tomorrow
morning. It's 10:35 at night...yeah,
I can totally make cookies, read 7
chapters, & be ready for that test
at 8:00 tomorrow morning.

Of course I can work that extra shift
tomorrow. I can study while I'm...
not sleeping. Again.

What do you mean you're sick? You
can't be sick! I didn't put that in
this week's schedule!



















How's that now? You work full-time and have 2 kids & are suddenly feeling better about your life? Glad I could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...