That's Me

That's Me

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Creative Kids

I've got some pretty gosh darn creative kidlets. There's talent in this house, folks. It's no doubt where they get it from cough cough so I don't need to go into that. 

A few months ago Boy Teenager had to make a model of a fish to go along with his report for a class. What does a 15 year old boy think of when he has to make a model of something? Does he think of making it out of modeling clay? Maybe a typical 15 year old boy does, but Boy Teenager thought of using the first thing that is always on his mind: food. 

Boy Teenager's fish made out of a cake he made & candy for the eyeball & gill:

He got an A. 

Boy Teenager used my sheet cake pan & cut out the shape of the fish. Hubby was more than willing to help Boy Teenager in the fish creating process; rest assured that none of the bits of cake that were cut off went to waste.

Ginger Girl also had to make a model last month. She made clay using the recipe I've used for making ornament hand prints & candy. What is up with my kids using candy for school projects?

A cell.

Can you guess what the yellow
stuff is for the cell membrane?

And her legend.

One of my absolute favorite Mother's Day gifts came from Amazing Grace this year. She worked really hard on it in art class & I proudly display it in my bedroom. Her assignment was to recreate The Starry Night.

She knows that I am obsessed with Alice in Wonderland okay, who doesn't know that I'm obsessed with Alice in Wonderland & aspire to be the Queen of Hearts? so she recreated it with the Cheshire Cat, a teacup, & little mushrooms.

Better than the original.

Blondie is my child who lives, sleeps, breathes art. When she was little, she carried pencils, pens, crayons, markers, you name it, in her little purse everywhere we went. Sitting in her carseat, she had her little pad of paper & would draw away happily. She slept with her paper. She ate with her paper. Before anything was even distinguishable, Blondie was making pictures. She puts her heart & soul into her artwork & it's as much a part of her as the right hand she draws with. 

This is one of my favorite pieces that she's done:

I've proudly hung it on the wall.

Yeah, they take after their Mama. No doubt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...