That's Me

That's Me

Friday, December 6, 2013

Blondie's Glass Ball

I love the Japanese soda I get at my favorite sushi restaurant. When I go there, I have to have 1. Or 2. Finally the owner of the sushi place told me where I can buy some so I can have the Japanese soda at home. I was thrilled. I may or may not have kissed him for that information. 

The soda comes in these interesting bottles. You have to push the glass ball from the top to the middle in order to drink out of it. 

I can't pronounce it but
I can definitely drink it.

With that ball just rolling around in the middle of the bottle, of course you know where this is headed....someone wanted to get that ball out of there.

Amazingly enough, it wasn't hubby that attempted it, though I am positive he has thought about it. I know that look. 

It was Blondie that attempted it. 

She first asked me if she was allowed to do whatever it would take to get the ball out of there. Uh...sure? 

A little while after Blondie disappeared, I went out to hang a load of laundry on the line. Obviously this wasn't recently, since we now have freezing temps with snow & ice storms. As I was hanging clothes, I see Blondie walking toward me. She had a very concentrated look on her face. I paused, arms frozen above me, holding a piece of clothing, just watching her. 

She had a hammer in one hand & the soda bottle in the other. She held the bottle against the side of the metal clothes line poles, then smacked the hell out of the top of it with the hammer. 

After 4 smashings, the bottle split into 3 pieces & the ball rolled right out & into the grass in front of Blondie. 

She's resourceful. 

Blondie did it.
Cut glass, just what
every child should play with.



Soda bottle, minus glass ball.

After Blondie studied the glass ball in her hand for a few seconds, she handed it to me & off she went.

"What do you want me to do with this?" I called after her. 

Without turning around, Blondie said, "I don't care.SZ"

"Wait! After all that work, you aren't going to keep it?"

Blondie turned around & said, "Nah. I just wanted to see what it was like to have it. I'm done with it now." 

Hopefully she doesn't have that attitude with other things in life 'cause that would really suck for her future husband & possibly for her kids too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...