That's Me

That's Me

Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Big Change

The pharmacist didn't know me yesterday. She's been filling my prescriptions at least two times a month for over a year now & it's a small town. She knows me by name. I'm not used to her asking my name & I'm definitely not used to her arguing with me when I tell her who I am. I knew my new hair color was drastic, but not that drastic.

For the first time in years I covered up my red hair. I wanted a change. The change didn't start out as getting rid of the red, 'cause it's a big part of who I am.

It was actually a mistake.

I was going for bright red but well...my hair has a mind of its own. I shouldn't have been as surprised as I was. It is my hair after all. Like the rest of me, it does what it wants.

The "bright red" turned out purple-black. No one's fault, just my hair took the pigment differently than it was supposed to.

I wasn't too happy with it at first & there may have been panic/urgency in my voice when I told my stylist to work her magic & fix it. She's great at her job & knows me well so she knows how to make me happy. It's also not the first time I've told her to fix something.

The first time I ever went to her was when my previous stylist waxed half of my eyebrow off. Her apology? "Oh wow, I only had 1 beer." I went to work with an apostrophe over one of my eyes. An apostrophe. It was at work that I talked to a new friend, a customer who owned a beauty shop, & said, "I have a punctuation mark on my face! Can you fix it?"

There have been a few more moments where I have walked into her shop & begged her to fix some surprise. Hey, when your OCD tells you to do something, you do it. And sometimes your stylist has to deal with it.

She  always does a great job with my hair. Every time I've changed my look, I'm happy with what she does. Whether it was the long bangs, spiked back I had or the long on the sides, shaved in the back, spiked on top cut I have now. I was confident that she would know what to do with this surprise color.

My "sister", Half Brain, calls
this my Stank Eye Face. 
After years of Amazing Grace & the hubs telling me I need to wear less black & grey, I've changed my wardrobe to better match my personality & the new hair goes with it. Watch out, world, Eddi is on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...