That's Me

That's Me

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Man's Dresser Is Not His Castle

I got busy rearranging my bedroom & one of the areas of much-needed attention was the hubby man's dresser. It was so cluttered with Le Stuff, it was driving me crazy. His Dad made that dresser & it's gorgeous. It shouldn't be covered in Le Stuff. I also can't handle clutter & messes make me so stressed that when I get Free Time (a rare thing indeed), I spend it on 2 of my favorite hobbies: cleaning & organizing. It's stress relief for me.

I sorted papers. I threw away candy wrappers. I dusted. I set to work making it beautiful. I added a keepsake box that my Dad made & my Great Grandma's sewing box. I perfectly placed part of my very large doll collection. I arranged candles & pictures just so. I added a book that I read to the kids when they were little--I love sheep & I love the book so it was a perfect addition. I lovingly placed all these adorable, meaningful artifacts. 

After all that work I was so happy with my finished product.

Isn't it gorgeous?

Hubby was so happy when he got home & discovered he could see the top of his dresser again. He loved all the work I'd put into displaying some of my favorite things. Except for one item apparently, because this is what I came back to:

What is different in this picture?

Let me help you...

That's what I get for marrying a Marine.

I'm guessing it was just a wee bit too girly for the poor man & he wanted to add a touch of himself to his dresser. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...