That's Me

That's Me

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Jacked Up Jalapeno

I have a garden. In this garden I have an abundance of hot pepper plants. In this house the majority of the family members are addicted to hot peppers. So the hubby & I decided we would pickle the peppers, something I've done many times in the past.

No one told us, though, that the innocent little jalapenos were not so innocent. Normally the two of us can down whole jalapenos without even blinking. They're yummy & mildly spicy. Unless you grow some jacked up jalapenos like we unknowingly did.

Eating them plain is vicious. I normally put several of these suckers in my salsa. One is plenty for a big batch. Even then, the milder food eaters in the house won't eat it.

Pickling these suckers managed to vamp up the heat to a point where you swear they are habaneros.

Here's my hubby trying the pickled jalapeno...
"Not too bad."
"Not nice."
And then...


And...
"My ears are burning!"

After we knew how spicy they are, do you think we told the kids not to eat them? Bwahaha. How long have you known me? Boy Teenager eats pickled jalapenos like they're regular dill pickles, so...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...