That's Me

That's Me

Friday, August 10, 2012

A Summer Picture Story

Yesterday & today have been absolutely gorgeous days. It's currently 69 degrees, there's a breeze, and I'm wearing comfy pants & a sweatshirt. It's perfect. I wish it was like this 9 months out of the year. This weather is particularly welcome because here in Mayberry we have been having one of the hottest summers on record. It sucks. For real, yo.

This is where you ask, "how hot is it?" That's right, say it. 

No, it's not so hot that I fried eggs on the sidewalk or baked cookies in my locked truck. That's too cliche for this gal.

Instead...here are pictures of what happened on a particularly hot & humid Saturday afternoon. It was 103 degrees with 980% humidity & my body chose to add to the discomfort of having to stand in line for 2 hours, in the sun, by also having a lovely menopausal hot flash.

So remember your line, class,"How hot was it that Saturday?" 

That's a popcorn seed that came down from the Heavens.
Or I just eat like a pig.
 
 

I am clearly trying to not die here. And my hubby was
cruel
 fast thinking enough to capture the moment forever.
I'm sure this was payback for something.

Yes, that is a piece of popcorn
that popped from the previously seen  kernel.

It was that hot that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...