That's Me

That's Me

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sushi, Sexy Fortunes, & Tutus

The hubby & I had a date night planned last night, dinner & a show. We were walking towards the door when I see the familiar Butt Pat Down. Every woman recognizes the Butt Pat Down. The one where he pats both his butt cheeks, then his side pockets, then his shirt pocket...and you know instantly. The man has lost his wallet.

We searched the vehicles, the rooms, called the last place he was at...I even checked the fridge & freezer 'cause you never know. I asked him if he'd checked the pants he'd been wearing earlier. Yup. He checked them twice. Half an hour of looking & him swearing up & down that his wallet was "right here!" I finally found it. In the hamper. In his shorts. He'd double checked the wrong pair of pants.

At least he had the smarts to look ashamed and quietly walk out to the car. There really are no words anyone can say in a situation where they have been proven dead wrong & that time was wasted. But hey, I got to laugh at him.

We went out for one of our favorite foods where I once again showed off my superior chopstick skills.

That's right, who's your mama?
After dinner we went to see Billy Elliot, where I convinced my man...to...put on a...TUTU! He wasn't exactly thrilled to put it on but he's a good sport.

Wow, that's oh so flattering.

It was the worst musical I've ever seen in my life. Whenever the actors were dancing, there was smoke all over them so you couldn't see their legs or feet. Isn't the foot work part of the awesomeness of ballet?? There was a ton of swearing. It was frustrating.

Swearing doesn't always bother me. I only get bothered when it's overdone & it's unnecessary. If you're watching something & there's a lot of emotion behind the words, a cuss word thrown in here & there can portray that emotion. But this seemed like cuss words just for the sake of saying them. When the Grandma flipped the finger, it was funny. When others did it every 10 minutes, it was ridiculous. When the son kept calling his father a bastard & every adult told every child to piss off it was annoying. When the little girl offered to show the little boy her hoohoo, just out of the blue, not tied into the rest of the story line, I was not thrilled. 

The best part of the night was our fortune cookies. We always add "in bed" to the end of the sentence, which makes for some hilarious fortunes. These were no exception.



Hubby's:
You will always have good luck in your personal affairs in bed.

Mine was the best:
Find release from your cares, have a good time in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...