That's Me

That's Me

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Secret's Out

I have been found out. My cover has been blown. My secret is no longer hidden.

2 people, the hubs & a friend, called me out yesterday. Both said the same thing, which went something like, "I know when you're taking a study break because you post the most random stuff." They're talking, of course, about The Facebook.

When my brain is melting out my ears, and I just cannot comprehend one more word in my text books, I find random facts & share them on The Facebook. I thought I was just being helpful by sharing my knowledge of little tid bits like: to "testify" was based on men in the Roman court swearing to a statement by swearing on their testicles. Or: It was discovered on a space mission that a frog can throw up. The frog throws up its stomach first, so the stomach is dangling out of its mouth. Then the frog uses its forearms to dig out the stomach's contents and then swallows the stomach back down again.

If it weren't for me taking study breaks, who would make sure this stuff got shared with the world? I'm only doing my part in sharing knowledge. I just wasn't expecting people to figure out why I'm sharing knowledge.

It's really out of sheer "if I read one more word about the body's processing of steroids, I am going to pull my uvula out through my nose with chopsticks."

You can only memorize so much before your brain starts un-memorizing. I swear that's what happens. It's not that my brain can only hold so much, 'cause I know that's not it. It's that my brain only allows me to read something so many times before it says, "One too many times, it's outta here." I have to make sure to only read the same thing over so many times, to make sure it's memorized, so that I don't read beyond that certain point. Doing so makes me un-memorize what I just memorized.

I have to have faith that it's memorized & take a break before checking yet one more time, or else I risk it all. So I move on to The Facebook where my mind can go numb for about 20 minutes. Once it's good & numb, I can go back to the books because the un-memorization process has been halted & I can continue on with those lovely books.

I guess I could try something else as a study break mind number...but Fleet Farm workers might get sick of me sitting in a canoe in the middle of the aisle with a helmet on, asking the shoppers to help me push off into the water. And that's the only other thing I could think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...