That's Me

That's Me

Monday, April 9, 2012

My Tattoos

Last Tuesday I went in to get 2 more tattoos. The same guy who did my first tattoo & my piercings did these 2 & he does amazing work.


My first tattoo. Celtic love knot with our Anniversary date in it. If you turn your computer upside down & look from the bottom left & go clockwise, you see "10 01 10."

I have wanted to get a tornado since I was 24. That's a long time to want a specific tattoo. I can't really say why it took me so long to get it but I ended up getting it just hours before my world started to fall apart on me. That will be another post, but just a few hours after I got my tattoo that represents who I am, I needed the reminder from it.

When I first wanted to get a tattoo at 24, a friend told me to really think about something that would mean a lot to me. Not some Chinese symbol or butterfly (shiver...butterflies are scary) like so many other girls, but something that represented who I am. I thought about it for a long time & realized that a tornado is a good representation of me.

I've always had so much going on in my life at once. I feel like I'm at the center of the storm & I'm holding everything together. I'm being strong so that I can keep everything together while the chaos spins around me. As I thought about it, I decided a tornado is the perfect symbol of "me" & my strength.

I also have been through many things that I refused to allow to bring me down. If I decide I'm going to do something, I will do it. I've been that way my entire life, but that doesn't mean I don't sometimes get discouraged or question myself. Because I know I have the inner strength to accomplish my goals, I decided I wanted 2 reminders of who I am, and that's how my third tattoo came about. "Tada gan iarracht." It's Irish for "Nothing is done without effort." 


I put the 2 together on my left forearm. And look...you can see my 9 year old doing dishes behind me. Permanent proof of the child labor in my house. 

One day when I was dating hubby, early in our relationship, we were having some kind of random (us, random? no way!) conversation about tattoos & tramp stamps. He told me that being a computer programmer, and obsessed with Google, it would be the hottest thing ever if I got Google as a tramp stamp. 

We've had this joke going ever since, about me getting Google tramp stamped on me.

So I'm at the tattoo guy...with 13 piercings (only 6 of which I did myself), 3 tattoos done, and 3 more planned...I obviously help pay this guy's bills. So of course he wanted to do me a favor. When I asked, "You wanna help me mess with my husband?" he was way too eager.



When I showed hubby my arm, he loved the tattoos. When I showed him my back, his mouth hit the floor. Seriously, he was like, "You actually did it?? I didn't think you'd actually do it!" The boy was so excited that I carried it out for quite a while, letting him admire my Google. Until he got close enough to realize it was just the stencil of a tattoo.

He was so disappointed to find out it was fake. He did laugh at what a genius I am to mess with him like that. But now that I know he really would like it & he wasn't really joking when he said it 2 1/2 years ago...hmm...

How much do I love him to scar my body permanently with that word? Time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Nowadays young ladies are deciding to get a tattoo for various explanations, however click here for the fundamental excuse for why is on the grounds that they are acknowledged exceptionally spellbinding on a female -in particular provided that you pick the right configuration and area on your figure.

    ReplyDelete

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...