That's Me

That's Me

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wanted: 1 Bubble Bath In Trade For 1 Husband

Today was a pretty lazy day for me. My back hurt & with no children around...eh...why not do nothing for once? After the craziness of finals & the holiday, it was nice to just chill & watch TV.

We had gotten a gift card to a restaurant in the same city my in-laws live in. The in-law parents wanted us to come over, so we decided to go out to eat on the gift card & then go see them.

While I'm laying down moaning about my back & how I used to be able to take baths to ease the pain but since moving into a house without a bath tub...it dawned on me. The in-law parents have a bath tub. A bath tub that I just knew would be vacant while we were there. Hmm...a bath with no children around?

I'm all about being efficient with my time no matter what I'm doing. If I'm going to be sitting at their house, I might as well be sitting in a tub easing my back pain, right? And I love baths like an old lady loves gossip.

We went out to dinner & went to in-law parents' house where we were told how awesome we are & smothered with hugs & kisses. After the appropriate amount of time had passed, I nudged the hubs. He then told Mom2 how I would really love to soak in the bath tub. That's all that was needed.

Mom2 was so excited, you would have thought I announced I was running her a bath. This woman is every woman's dream of a Mother in-law. Seriously. Not only does she love me, she spoils me rotten. She wanted to know what all she could get for me so I could have a wonderful bath. That's when I said all I needed was a towel because I had just happened to have jammies & bubble bath in the truck.

I'm thinking 1 reason she was so excited to set me up with a bubble bath was that she knew the nicer the bath was meant the longer I would be relaxing in peace & quiet. Which meant the longer she got to keep her boy to herself. Hey, if sharing the hubs is all I gotta do to get a bubble bath in peace & quiet, have at him. You don't even have to be his Mom...if you've got a tub & hot water, he's all yours.

Only while I'm in the tub though. I'll take him back after that.

On the way back home, hubby's keys were clanging against the steering wheel. I hate unnecessary noise. I will stop what I'm doing to search out a tiny little noise that no one else can hear, just to make it stop, so I can continue what I'm doing. When I heard his keys just bouncing away to every piece of gravel & pit in the road, I was a wee bit annoyed.

I solved it easily enough though. I never even had to put my McFlurry down...
Here's a tip: warn the driver before you take a picture with a flash in a moving vehicle. Saying "I'm taking a picture" after the flash goes off is not nice or respectful. Or so I was told.
I can honestly say this is the first time I have ever ridden in a vehicle with my foot on the ignition. It wasn't bad. I can't think of any other instance I would have to do it again, but if I were ever in a situation where I had to put my foot on the car's ignition in order to save my life, I could do it. This is good to know. I'm not sure why, but it is.

And see my jammies? Proof I really did take a bath at Mom2's house. 'Cause I wouldn't have worn comfy pants & wool socks to an Italian restaurant. But that'd be really cool if I could. A restaurant we can wear our jammies to & eat in big fluffy chairs with blankets. Oh! Oh! Don't steal my idea, I'm totally gonna invent one of those.

If anyone needs a man for an hour or two, and has a tub with a working water heater 'cause I like it very hot, give me a call. We'll work something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...