That's Me

That's Me

Friday, December 23, 2011

Found: Last Year's Gifts

My only excuse for this is that I had surgery 2 days before Christmas last year. With surgery comes anxiety & mind-altering medications of the prescription variety. So that's my excuse & I'm stickin' to it.

My 8 year old found my Christmas present hiding spot. From last year. Gifts I had never even wrapped were in a "patient's belongings" bag in the back of a closet. The bag had my ID sticker on it from my surgery on 12/23/10.

I don't even recall how they got in that bag. Or why they didn't make it to the recipients. Man, those must have been some good pain pills they gave me.

But instead of being all, "I'm such a bad Mom for not giving my kids all the gifts I'd gotten for them! Waaaah!!" I'm really excited. That's less presents I had to buy this year! I love saving money. By not giving them these presents last year, I got to buy less this year...and the kids are none the wiser. Yay me!

One of the gifts was a gift card for a significant amount of money to a favorite store for one of the kids. I'm so happy there wasn't an expiration date or "we charge $5.00 a month after 12 months of inactivity" crappy rule attached to that card. The only problem is I was so excited to have found that gift card that I don't know where it went. I had put it with the other gifts in the new hiding spot, which I told hubby about this time hoping no presents would get forgotten this time...and now it's gone. I blame Watson.
"Who, me? I'm a good boy."

Le Sigh.

There's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...