That's Me

That's Me

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Live With Me, You Will Feel Loved

The oldest daughter had been away a lot this week doing Homecoming stuff. Shopping for a dress, another shopping trip for shoes, decorating the float, and of course tp'ing. Lots of tp'ing. I missed her. It'd been a long week of not seeing her until late every night. I thought to myself, "Self, what can you do to show how much you missed your lovely daughter?"

I hid a present under her pillow. When she pulled back her blanket Thursday night this is what she found...
I bought a scare crow & put a speaking bubble on its face. Here's a close up to show what it was saying to daughter...
               "Come here, lil girl. I want your face."

Hubby said that's not a normal way to show your love to someone. In fact his exact words were, "There's something wrong with you. Really. There's something wrong with your brain." I'm thinking that translates to, "You're so awesome. Why didn't I think of doing something so amazing to show how much I love these children of ours? Thank you for teaching me a new way of thinking."

Just so my other daughters didn't feel left out, I put it in their closet while they were sleeping. When they opened the door to get their school shoes in the morning, Ms. Scary Crow leaned out at them. It was quite creative how I set her up to lean out like that. Actually, all the stuff contained within the closet was pushing its way out which made Ms. Scary Crow lean out looking like she was escaping the Barbie box that threw up in there. But it looked cool.


My family clearly does not appreciate my love early in the morning. All the little girls did was push Ms. Scary Crow aside & say, "Nice, Mom." Apparently I'm the only one in this house who knows how to creatively show their love.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is awesome. Reminds me of the time my friend and I sat a huge stuffed duck on the toilet in the girls' dorm in college. In the middle of the night;)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...