That's Me

That's Me

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Hair Shade

Naughty me, I overslept the other day. I vaguely remember grabbing my phone and snoozing my alarm when it went off. Or so I thought. I actually turned it off. Oopsie. 

25 minutes later I woke up in a panic. I grabbed my scrubs and ran for the shower. After getting dressed, I had a choice to make: do my hair or leave in time to pick up a coffee on my way. Priorities are priorities, people. I grabbed some bobby pins and threw my hair back. 

I got to work on time with my giant cup of coffee, sugar, and cream in my hand. I went about my day, seeing patients, injecting fluids into bodies, and being utterly amazing. As I sat down at my computer in the office after all this awesomeness, another nurse behind me exclaimed, "Oh, my gosh, what did you do to your hair?"  

I immediately put my hand on my hair and said, "I don't know, just don't look at it. I overslept and didn't have time to do anything." 

She continued looking at my hair anyway, "What do you mean you didn't have time? I love it!" 

I was sitting there thinking, you don't have to lie, I'm sure it looks like poo.

A couple other coworkers started commenting on my hair and asking me to show them how to do it. I heard, "You should sleep in more often. It looks great, like you spent more time on it."
Dang, was that some shade she just threw my way? She claims she really meant it as a compliment. I'm pretty sure she's got some rockin' shade skills. 
My glorious no-effort hair, after work.  


Apparently my hair has never looked
so good.

Either way, I'm totally getting more sleep from now on. There is clearly no reason for me to put time into my hair anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...