That's Me

That's Me

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Dinner's Made

I had a rough day today. The King of Long Days. It was horrible. Kid stuff, stressful stuff, long wait for big news, long drives, long classes, boring information...a day where a tub of coffee would have been much appreciated. Instead I was grateful for my XL cup o' milk & sugar coated coffee grounds. Mmm I like to chew my coffee.

Sitting on my rump for 3 hours in the truck and 3 hours in the classroom, all in a row, is not enjoyable, yo. It's actually the opposite of that. And a leading cause of expanding rumps.

And that was just 6 hours of my day. The hours before that sucked majorly too.

But the time after that was somethin' else. I came home at 8:00 tonight, much later than I was expecting to get home, to find a lovely surprise.

Hubby got home just 45 minutes before I did and with 27 hungry children, getting home after 7 normally means that some of those children may have already begun eating pets. Or possibly siblings. You never really know what to expect when you walk into a home with a baseball team of hungry children who don't know what to make for dinner 'cause they had been promised an adult would feed them.

Luckily for my children they did not need to eat Fluffy tonight 'cause my Mother had already set it up with some of my kids that dinner would be taken care of by her. Grandma got ahold of a couple of the teenagers and told them that supper was covered tonight and they just had to go to Subway to pick it up. I walked in to find that my Mom had ordered us 2 trays of subs and there were plenty of sandwiches left for me after everyone else ate.

Supper made + easy cleanup = 2 very happy parents. And kids. 'Cause it's the kids' job to clean the kitchen at night.

My hand looks rather disproportionate
to my head. Actually...the more I look
at it, the more alien it looks.
I'm not even sure that's my own hand anymore. 

So after a horrible, no good, very rotten, unenjoyable day filled with pain and exhaustion, I had a much, much better night. In fact, I can't think of a better way to turn a day around. Feed me and I'm a happy woman. Feed my kids while their parents are rushing around having stressful days and I'm extremely grateful for the suddenly lighter load. Not having to plan and execute that one daily job of meal making makes a world of difference at the end of a long day.

Did I mention that she did this from Florida? Yeah, I know. And no, you can't have her. She's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...