That's Me

That's Me

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Conversation with Hubby aka Save Me

Sunday night I was talking to the hubby man about these friends that I've had for over 14 years. They are all over the world, I talk to them frequently online and on the phone, some I haven't met in person and some I have. We've supported each other through good and bad; marriages, divorces, remarriages, addictions, many births, growing children, financial issues, and the untimely death of spouses and children. Hubby knows them by name but has never met them because they're my imaginary friends. 

My imaginary friends are real people; it's just a name for them because I met them online & they mostly live in my computer. I met them in a group for mothers that did what was not always socially accepted as normal way back when we met: home birth, home school, cloth diaper, extended breast feeding, stay/work at home parent, baby wearing, organic eating, chemical leery, co-sleeping...all things that we created a community over because it could be difficult at that time to find others who did the same things. 

Me: blah blah blah with my IRL friends blah blah blah...

[interrupted by hubby's laughing]

Me: What are you laughing at? I didn't say anything funny yet.

Hubby: You didn't even realize your said I R L.

Me: No, I didn't. I said in real life friends.

Hubby: L. O. L...I. R. L....O. M. G.

Me: Are you done yet?

Hubby: No. [laughing]

Me: Okay, I'm used to talking online. I have no social life, what do you want from me?

Hubby: L. M. A. O. 

Me: You suck. 

Hubby: [laughing]

Now that I am no longer working out of the house and am taking this time to focus on my education, this may be proof that I need to get out of the house for reasons other than classes. Nursing school has officially killed my social life and I'm now wondering if it's a sign that it's beyond resuscitation when I start talking in abbreviations used in online conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...