That's Me

That's Me

Friday, March 14, 2014

A Nap with Ginger Girl

One day last week Ginger Girl had a headache & I told her she should lay down & rest her eyes. She asked me to lie next to her. What kind of Mother would I be if I denied my baby girl her request? 

I laid down next to her & rubbed her head. It was just a few minutes later when I heard her breathing change to that slow, deep breathing of a sleeping child. That sweet sound that every Mother enjoys after a long, hard day with a 3 year old throwing food, toys, & temper fits. Mothers of Toddlers everywhere know what a glorious sound that is, because it works as a reminder of this: "aw, I love this kid so much." 

Ginger Girl is almost 11, so I'm past the frustrating child with big temper that can't explain what she wants stage, but I still enjoy that sound of her relaxed and sleeping next to me. 

As soon as I heard her sleeping, I had intended to get up and finish what I had been doing before I laid down next to her. Then I realized how nice it felt to be laying there. Right after that I realized how tired I was. With my hand still rubbing Ginger Girl's head, I figured I could close my eyes for a few minutes. 

Just a few turned into 45. 

When I woke up from my delightfully fulfilling nap, I looked up to see...

...that Ginger Girl was holding my hand in her sleep.

That right there, folks, is better than the nap I got. 

1 comment:

  1. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought
    this post was good. I do not know who you are but definitely
    you're going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;
    ) Cheers!

    Feel free to visit my homepage; LoretteKNikolas

    ReplyDelete

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...