Amazing Grace had her follow-up appointment with her surgeon today. He said she is doing amazing for "so soon" after surgery.
When we left the clinic, I realized we hadn't picked up her note for school from the front desk. I sent her back in while I went to warm up the truck. By the way, Monday and yesterday we had temps in the 50's. Today we had snow and were cold again and I'm back to warming up the truck. Mother Nature can bite me.
When Grace got in the truck, she told me that a couple guys in the waiting area teased her that she only came back in for the root beer barrels on the counter. That's when I realized she had one in her mouth. Now, I must tell you that when I was little, a very small child on my brother's school bus choked on a root beer barrel. I wasn't there, but I heard about it and remember my Mom talking about the panicked teachers that rescued this choking child on the bus. Ever since then, I have had a fear of hard candy, and root beer barrels in particular. I have always crushed up any hard candy my kids get, and they learned how to crush them, before putting it in their mouth.
I looked at Amazing Grace and said, "Did you break it before putting it in your mouth?"
Amazing Grace: No. I'm a big girl now.
Me: Big girls choke too. You know you could choke on it.
Amazing Grace: Doesn't mean I will.
Shut me up.