That's Me

That's Me

Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

What am I doing for the Holiday of Love? I am writing 4 papers, reading 3 chapters, going to work, & since it's Friday I'm washing the bedding. Doesn't that sound romantic?

Oh so very romantic, for sure.

But in addition to that, I have presents for the kids that I was too tired to set out this morning so they'll be getting them after school, roses on the table, & 7 loves of my life to share it all with.

Just one problem.

I forgot to get hubby anything. I'm not sure how that happened, honestly. I was out getting stuff for my 5th grader to give to each class mate, gummy worms for Blondie to put in a jar with a label she made that says "I'm hooked on you" as well as a Crush soda for her to put the other label she made that says "I have a [sode name here] on you" & roses for her to give a friend, stuff for Amazing Grace to give a friend, & I still didn't pick up anything for the hubs.

Good Mama, bad wife.

Blondie told me I could just put on drawls & call it his gift.

Drawls? I thought on that one for a while, trying to figure out what attire could possibly be called drawls, thinking maybe it's one of those Kids These Days' words.

Finally I asked, "Okay. What are drawls?"

Blondie, without looking up from her game, "You know. Lacy, see-through things you wear instead of underwear."

Amazing Grace asked, "Lingerie?"

Blondie looked up, "Yeah! That's it." Then looked back down at her game.

This child has all sorts of Blondie-isms. Just like when she kept insisting she wanted "casseroles" for her 3rd Birthday & I drove myself nuts trying to figure out what kind of casserole a 2 year old would want. Finally, after weeks of "No! Casseroles!!" when I'd present her with a noodle casserole & ask if that's what she wanted for her Birthday, I just happened to make cinnamon rolls. Her face lit up & she yelled, "Casseroles!!" To this day, we call cinnamon rolls casseroles.

Drawls is one of my new favorites. I'm sure lingerie will forever be known as drawls in this house.

Now the question is, will I be too tired to put on drawls at the end of today? Maybe he'll get his gift tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...