That's Me

That's Me

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Creepy Cantaloupe

Cantaloupe around my kids is dangerous. It's like they go crazy when they see it. Maybe because it's not one of my favorites so I tend to forget it exists most of the time, which means we don't have it very often. Not that I don't like it, it's just not as high up on the list as strawberries, raspberries, peaches, & kiwi.

Then one day I'll walk past the a big mound of cantaloupe at the farmer's market & I'm reminded of how much my kids love it. Love is putting it mildly, actually. 

So the other night at dinner when everyone attacked the plate of cantaloupe at dinner, I wasn't surprised. 

When even the 16 & 15 year olds were yelling, "Mom! She got more than me!!" I was a wee bit surprised...I mean, it's been a long time since they've expected things to be split fairly. 

What really surprised me was when, as I was chewing, I looked to my right & saw the creepiest face ever. 

Waiting for me to turn & notice, just quietly staring straight at towards me, patiently awaiting my reaction was this...

"Hi." 
I jumped. I screamed. I may or may not have had a need to change my britches...I'll never tell. 

"Wassup?"
"Why so jumpy, little mama?"



That's just not right, Ginger Girl. Who taught this girl such things?                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...