That's Me

That's Me

Friday, May 3, 2013

Today's Conversations

There are so many things that make me thankful that the majority of the time I am home when my kids get home from school. Being the first person they talk about their day with, the spontaneous moments with the kids, and the kids knowing they can count on me to be available are just a few of those things. I'm grateful that my schedule mostly allows for me to do this one thing that is so important to me.

One of those spontaneous moments that I was glad I got to be a part of was a conversation between Ginger Girl & me today...

Ginger Girl & I were watching a clip from an old Ellen show where Snooki was asked to name particular states in the US. She listed a few & added Canada to that list.

Without looking up from what she was reading, Ginger Girl said, "That's not in America."

I said, "You're smarter than Snooki. Good job."

Still reading, still not looking up, Ginger Girl replied, "I think everyone is. After all it is Snooki."

Ain't that the truth.

Snooki, not Ginger Girl.

Considering my 4th grader knew every state that Snooki was supposed to list tells me that Snooki should not go on Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader. You'd think between the big hair, the big mouth, & the big boobs, there would be brain cells floating around somewhere in that woman.
Bad ass Queen.
Source

Then there was the conversation with Amazing Grace. She was describing a picture she is doing in art class. Apparently it's my Mother's Day present but I'll be getting it after Mother's Day. From the description it is very unique & clever. I can't wait to see it.

Ever since I read the story & then saw the movie, it's been my dream in life to be the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. She's the best character ever & an awesome story.

Amazing Grace's picture is Starry Night meets Alice in Wonderland. It sounds amazing.

As she was describing each piece in the picture, she said, "...except my Cheshire Cat looked like
something that belonged on Elmo Street."

I think I like Elmo Street better than Sesame Street.

Starry Night.

And tonight, while laying with a heating pad on my lower back...

I told hubby, "If this heating pad is making my boobs sweat, I wonder what it's making my butt do."

So much for sexy bedroom talk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...