That's Me

That's Me

Friday, March 22, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day....4 Days Late

I kinda sorta was so busy being Irish on Sunday that I forgot to wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day.

From this red headed, see through, Guiness loving Irish gal to all you...Irish or not...I hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day. Of course, no one here really knows why we celebrate on March 17th every year. At least around here, no one is proclaiming the wonders of the Saint & his potatoes, it's just a big drinking fest. Not for me though. I know it's a day to show appreciation for all the hot men in kilts.

I'm slightly kidding but there's no joke about my man Gerard Butler in a kilt, a sword, AND pink...

That's right, baby. You show off your bad self.

Hubby & I were invited to go out with a few different friends, but we just weren't in the mood to go out to watch a bunch of people get drunk & act stupid. We chose a weekend of no homework, no work, no phones. Just being together, with no schedule, a very relaxed weekend. I missed out on the Irish bands that play at the annual fest near us, but chilling with my man was 100x better than any bagpiper in kilt & boots. And that's sayin' something. 

Mr. & Mrs. Eddi Girl.

We also went wine shopping to the largest wine store I have ever seen in my entire life. It was gorgeous! And it had an Irish name, so that made it perfect. As if all that wasn't enough, the owner came over & talked to us & offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. My absolute favorite type of wine at a beautiful price...

Why yes, that is $329.97 worth of wine.

...of $30.00 for all 3 bottles. Dude, that's the most awesome wine ever at the most awesome price ever. As we drove away with our steal, I asked the hubs if he thought the guy had poisoned the wine. I was picturing him evily clapping his hands together & jumping up & down while evily giggling. Evily. Like maybe he had something against red heads or wine or was prejudice against his own kind & chose St. Patrick's Day weekend to kill off every Irish person he ran into. Evily. Hubby said he didn't think he poisoned the wine. 

But at home that night, I did notice that he made me take the first sip. I'm sure he was disappointed when nothing happened, but I'm pretty sure he got over it.

Just because it's so beautiful, I made a little centerpiece on my dining table.



The aluminum is an origami swan that Ginger Girl made for me after she learned it from someone from Japan. I couldn't get him to stand up straight so he's sleeping between the pillows of oranges. The tray is a piece of pottery that a friend made us for a wedding gift. 

The centerpiece only lasted about 20 minutes. Not because I drank it all. Hubby put them away in the wine rack because apparently it wasn't the most awesome table decoration in his world. 

On the Friday before St. Patrick's Day, I went to get my nails done. I picked out a pretty purple color, but my nail lady did not like the color. She said it was "too boowing" for me (I love the way she talks) & I'm not a boring person so I shouldn't wear boring colors. I let her choose a color for me & she said that weekend was the weekend to show my "Irish pwide, bode personality, & pwetty face" with a bold, pretty nail color. 

Irish nails, Irish beer. Oh so appropriate.

I think she chose very well. I've gotten a lot of compliments on my nails in the past several days. I love that she knows me so well that on many occasions she has told me exactly what I wanted or had a color ready ready waiting for me because it made her think of me. Of course the compliments are always a nice touch.  

Finding a good nail person is like finding a good gynecologist. Once they get to know how to make you relax, laugh, & know some intimate details about you, you don't want to do anything to tick them off & ever make them refuse to take your appointments. You do not want to have to start over in your search for the perfect person, getting to know them, seeing if you like how they treat you...it's a pain to have to search for that perfect nail person or gynecologist. Once you find The One, it's a great balance of keeping each other happy.

As with every other St. Patrick's Day, the Leprechaun snuck into our house, messed up the kids' rooms, & left a note with treats. He was quite sneaky with all his little naughtiness. Amazing Grace found her precious shoes lining & hanging off of her closet doors, her pictures all crooked, a prized picture of a knight from the Renn Faire was on her pillow, & her giant fork from Christmas was in front of her dressing mirror. Boy Teenager had a bunch of antique & porcelain dolls staring at him on his bed, including the "creepy" nurse doll that hubby hates, & the armchair in the boys' room was upside down with a laundry basket & Big D's blankets & pillow on top of it. Blondie's hamster was in the bath tub & in its place in her bedroom was a basket of loom accessories from the living room. There were also hampers on Blondie's & Little Blondie's beds & the sock basket (all the clean unmated socks go in there until mates are found) was tipped over & socks were spread all over Ginger Girl's bed. 

Amazing Grace apologized to her shoes for the abuse they suffered from being so rudely removed from their comfortable beds. Boy Teenager said those dolls looking at him was the creepiest thing he's ever seen. 

Personally I think the Leprechaun gets way too much of a kick out of destroying their rooms. It's like he sees it as payback for the newborn & toddler years when every moment of their life was spent making some kind of mess that their Mother had to clean up. Nothing during those first years is done without causing someone else to clean it up. Their fun, their food, their clothing, their bodily fluids...those kids are lucky pay back is only once a year. 

Wait until their Mama is old & yelling at the eggs in the fridge for misplacing her shoes--whether this Mama poos herself on purpose or on accident no one will know, but guess who she is going to be living with & who has to clean up after her.

Not the Leprechaun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...