That's Me

That's Me

Monday, December 10, 2012

Eddi's Craft Corner

One day as I was browsing The Pinterest, I found directions to make these cute little twine/raffia Christmas trees. 


They're just so pretty & I really wanted a bunch of them for my house. I bought all the supplies & couldn't wait to get started. 

Ginger Girl & I set to work last night with visions of people oohing & aahing over our craftiness. 

We started with our foam cone...
Step: 1
We wrapped the cone in parchment paper & pinned it in place. We dipped the twine & raffia in the starchy, stiffening goo-water. We wound the wet strings around the parchment-wrapped cone. We followed the directions to the T.

We set them to dry overnight. 
Step: ? I Lost Count
 This morning I was so excited to pull the parchment paper off the cones & see our finished product...











Not exactly what I had pictured. 

I can add a red nose & googly eyes & name it Rudolph?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...