That's Me

That's Me

Monday, November 26, 2012

Our Thanksgiving In Pictures

Blondie & me
Amazing Grace & me
Big D & me
We had plenty of time before the dinner at my in-law's house to get some pictures while the kids played Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Bingo. I need to come up with some slightly more difficult bingo cards because I ended up paying each child at least 3 prizes. When you have 27 kids & their cousins, the Bingo Fairy goes broke fast. 

Ginger Girl & me

Mom & Dad 2 are very good at making sure everyone is properly hungered before serving the meal. I think they just want to make sure they don't do all that cooking for people who won't appreciate it. They haven't told me that's the reason, but I'm guessing that's it. 

"If we have to wait one more hour, we will eat your face.
And your cat. And dog. With gravy."
This was the first year that I didn't have one of my children with me. My very first Thanksgiving after the divorce my ex had all the kids from the night before to a couple days after. It killed me. I said I would never do that again. This was the first time I had to deal with a child who wanted to be elsewhere for a holiday.

Boy Teenager wanted to go hunting with his Dad & his Dad had said he would bring him home before we left for our dinner, but it didn't happen. (Not that I was holding my breath...) I did insist that he bring Boy Teenager along when he picked up the other kids that night. The DA (short for Dumbass) didn't understand for the life of him why he would have to bring Boy Teenager along. [face palm] Seriously, the man has to argue about every single thing. But that's another story....

I did get a Thanksgiving pic with my oldest son after all.

Boy Teenager & me. He's so stinkin' handsome!
 I asked the kids to show me what a Turkey Coma looks like.

Big D's impression
was the most realistic.
Little Blondie likes to take her turn as photographer with my camera...she's still at the age where she thinks anything her parents do is cool so she likes to use anything of mine...& she wanted to take a nice picture for the hubby & me to remember the holiday by. It was so sweet of her...

...& I'm trying to decide where to hang this one
after I buy the perfect frame for it.

The holidays bring out the best in families.

Lest you be tempted to call CPS for familial choking...

...this was Little Blondie's reaction afterward.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! If you didn't, then be thankful it's over & it's only once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...