That's Me

That's Me

Monday, October 15, 2012

Why My Manicurist Is Frustrated

I love having my nails done. It's my stress relief on a bad day & my one indulgence I enjoy on a regular basis. After going to the spa it's not rare for me to lovingly look at my own nails, sighing over how beautiful they are. 

It's also not rare for my Nail Lady to look at my hands & ask, "What happened here?" with a small sigh.  Having been homeschooled, I never had the pleasure of being sent to the principal's office. I imagine that how I feel while sitting there with her shaking her head, is similar to how one feels while sitting in front of the principal waiting for him to call your parents. 

While gardening I tried to be good about wearing gloves. I really did try. But sometimes the green from pulling weeds or the red from canning tomatoes found their way to my hands anyway. 



My Elphaba hands. You can't see my nails but they were just as green as my fingers. My poor nails.
My Mud Run hands. I even wore gloves the entire course. My nails were very depressed until my Nail Lady was able to make them happy again. 


I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty but darn it, I'm gonna have pretty nails while doing so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...