That's Me

That's Me

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Wedding Fun

Masquerade ball, anyone?

Last night the hubs & I got out of the house by ourselves again. I don't know what's up with this, getting to be alone twice in one weekend, but I'm definitely not complaining. It's nice to be able to remember who we are away from being parents. And be reminded of why we like the other person in the first place. 

We went to the Wedding Reception of my friends' daughter. What a strange feeling that is when your friends start becoming in-laws. Seriously, are we all really old enough to be someone's mother in-law? This friend's daughter is only 4 years older than my oldest. That freaks me out just a wee bit. Well, more than a wee bit. 4 years is a very, very short amount of time. 

I was happy for my friends. She was a gorgeous Mother of the Bride, he was oh so handsome in his tux as Father of the Bride, their daughter was a beautiful bride, their new son in-law is clearly very in love with their daughter, & their other daughter looked amazing in her bridesmaid dress. She was so pretty & the happiness for her sister was written all over her face. I'm so happy that I got to share such a special day with my friends & their kids. 

Besides seeing the beautiful & happy family my friends have, I had so much fun with the photo booth. 

Here I am with the Mother of the Bride. Our friend thought the photo session was over & we quickly grabbed her to get back in the last picture. We weren't fast enough...
I will no longer wonder
what I look like with
Tina Turner hair.

I dressed hubby for one of our sessions. He was rockin' the beehive, boa, & clown nose, baby...
Just clownin' around.














Hold your head up, Bozo! It's squishin' my pimp hat.



















My favorite...
"The Queen has spoken."   "Yes, Your Highness."

This is what happens when hubby has free access to the props...
Our true selves.

"I can't resist, I must touch."


I'm not quite sure why Santa arrived at the Reception. I'm hoping he was invited & didn't crash the party 'cause that would be rather rude & disappointing of Santa Claus. But either way, I got to sit on his lap & it totally made my night. And judging from the look on his face & the chuckle he gave, I'm thinkin' his night was made by us girls sitting on his lap too. 

Why yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!
Congrats to my wonderful friends on the new addition of a son in-law to the family! I'm so happy for all of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...