That's Me

That's Me

Monday, July 16, 2012

Yes, I Am the Grammar Police

I started yesterday angry & feeling very sick. It was horrible. I studied my little booty off until 3:00 in the morning. I wasn't feeling well but of course as soon as I thought, "Okay, if I go to bed now, I'll get about 4 1/2 hours of sleep before I have to get up for church," I was suddenly even sicker. I was so much sicker that I did not fall asleep until after hubby's alarm went off, after he showered, after he dressed. 

As I'm laying there thinking, "Do I take a one-hour nap or do I stay up & attempt a nap after church?" I fell asleep. Finally. I vaguely remember arguing with hubby, while losing The Battle of the Closing Eyelids, and seeing only blurry shapes, that I was indeed getting up to go to church with the family. Seeing as how I woke up about 4 hours later & everyone was out of their Sunday best, & I was in pj's, you don't have to guess at who won that argument. 

I was so angry! We were trying out a new church today, one that apparently was going to be just about everything I was looking for, & I was so excited. Of all the days for my insomnia & stupid illness to join forces against me, this was not a good one. 

And the sermon was all about "thorns in the side" & trials & chronic illnesses that do their best to hold you back from living the life you want...a little too ironic there?

The rest of the day, after my little nap, I spent studying in my 1,563 degree house. You think I'm exaggerating? I have no air conditioning & I live in Wisconsin where the humidity is so bad that as soon as you hang up your towel after a shower, you think you're going crazy & forgot to dry off 'cause you're already wet again. It takes split seconds for the humidity to turn my hair into an uncontrollable curly afro & you can feel the oxygen molecules sticking to your skin. It's that bad.

I also have very real issues with heat & humidity. My body is running at 10 degrees hotter than normal people & I have serious health issues that make it a not so good thing for me to try to function when the weather is the balmy 101 degrees it was yesterday.

After a long day of suffering, the hubs & I decided to go get ice cream at the place down the street. Getting out of the a/c in the car, back into the lovely heated night, my glasses completely fogged over. It's pretty comical when that happens.

As we were waiting for our order (turtle sundae without chocolate...mmm), I noticed this lovely sign on one of the tables:

If you don't know what's wrong here, go back to 2nd grade.

Oh, how I wanted so bad, oh so, so badly, to ask for the owner & point out the error in this sign. You have no idea how badly I wanted to do that. Hubby doesn't like confrontation so, out of the goodness of my heart, I chose to not say anything. I, instead, decided I would write about it & maybe, just maybe, this blog post will end up in the diner owner's inbox.

If I owned that place I would find it quite embarrassing that out of all the several people that work there, not one person caught this before it was put out for customers to see. Not one of the 4 owners caught this & gave a quick education to the person who wrote it.

And yes, I do enjoy my self-appointed job as the grammar police. I wear the badge proudly & have no problem helping others at any time. It's my duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...