That's Me

That's Me

Thursday, April 19, 2012

From Crafts to Penises

I'm studying the reproductive system. The portion on the male reproductive system is about 4 times the size of the portion on the female parts. And guys think girls are complicated??

I had no idea there was so much involved making a boy a boy. Testosterone, penis, scrotum. What more was there to know?

Goodness, a lot goes on inside that male body.

My Mom stopped over last night so I could help her put together some things she needed for a party she's hosting at work. It was fun being creative & getting time with my Mom, both of which are rare for me. As we were working on our party fun, I told my Mom what I'm studying right now. I decided it was a good time to bore my loved ones with my knowledge.

I read just a small portion of what I had to memorize to hubby & my Mom: "A tough, white, fibrous capsule called the tunica albuginea encloses each testis. Along its posterior border, the connective tissue thickens and extends into the organ, forming a mass called the mediastinum testis. From this structure, think layers of connective tissue, called septa, pass into the testis and subdivide it into about 250 lobules. A lobule contains one to four highly coiled, convoluted seminiferous tubules, each approximately 70 centimeters long when uncoiled. These tubules course posteriorly and unite to form a complex network of channels called the rete testis. The rete testis is in the mediastinum testis and gives rise to several ducts that join a tube called the epididymis. The epididymis, in turn, is coiled on the outer surface of the testis and continues to become the ductus deferens."


I'll stop there, because I know you are doing the same thing they did. Their eyes glazed over much like mine do when hubby talks about computer codes & they were rubbing their heads.

Hubby made an announcement to my Mom that the pictures in the book were true to size. I think he was attempting to make her blush. Little did he know that the picture that just happened to be next to that paragraph was this:
I showed him this 2.5" organ & he looked at my Mom & said, "Feel sorry for your daughter."

My Mom patted my shoulder.

You never know what it is you'll learn when you come to visit us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...