That's Me

That's Me

Monday, December 19, 2011

We Need Cholesterol, STAT!

The oldest daughter came home from basketball practice tonight with this announcement: "I'm so dizzy. I think I have low cholesterol."

Of course when any of my children think they have low cholesterol, I'm going to be very concerned. Every day you hear in the news of people collapsing from cholesterol deprivation. I do not want my child to be another statistic!

Fighting back tears of humor concern, I asked her why she thought that.

Daughter: "'Cause something's wrong. I'm so dizzy. I really think my cholesterol is low."

Me: "What exactly do you think cholesterol does?"

Daughter: "It controls your heart. And your brain. And your stomach." Pause. "I think."

Well, now that's a problem, isn't it? Who wants low cholesterol to shut off your heart, brain, and stomach? As soon as hubby got home I told him we had an issue: our sweet 15 year old is dizzy from low cholesterol. Hubby responded in the only way that would be acceptable in that situation: he felt her forehead.

Hubby: "You're right. Your cholesterol is low."

Daughter: "Do I have a fever?"

Hubby: "You're warm. That explains the cholesterol dropping."

My dear, sweet daughter looks at me with her big eyes, "I told you." And off to take a shower she went.

When that adorable, dizzy girl came out of the shower, hubby felt her forehead again & told her that her cholesterol was back to normal.

I had been telling her all the things I know of to take care of dizziness. She didn't want to try them. Turned out none of my medical knowledge was necessary 'cause all she needed was a shower to drop her fever to get her cholesterol back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...