That's Me

That's Me

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

So Long, Paginis!

Goodbye, Paginis! I wish I could say you will be missed, but alas, I did not mourn your passing. I celebrated with a glass of wine & chicken casserole. I am free to urinate on my own, no plastic needed! It's a good day.

You know what happens when you've had to cath yourself for the too-long-to-remember? You get awfully excited about going potty on your own!

I have to relearn how to pee though. Well, the surgeon said it's more like retraining my bladder on what it needs to do on its own, but I like how I put it better. He said I can call it whatever I want. Isn't that sweet of him?

Apparently my bladder may decide to not do its job and just hold its contents. The little man that's supposed to go running up to my brain to pull the bell that crosses my legs until I make it to the bathroom, yeah, that little man is a-slackin'. Sometimes he works for his room & board, other times he falls asleep at the post. Damn you, little man.

Dr. KnowsAboutPee says I just have to go even when the little man doesn't do his job. Why should I do his job for him? I'm busy. I don't have time to tell myself to pee. That's what the little man is for. Without him I wouldn't pee at all.

Which is what already happened. Which is what led Dr. PassionForPee to tell me all of this. Well, not all of it. I changed some big medical type words so that I could include my theory of the little man that lives in my bladder.

So long, Paginis, you were there to help me even when I hated you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...