That's Me

That's Me

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Don't Call Me Ma'am Either

I had an appointment this morning and then spent some time with Half Brain, the friend who completes me. Or at least completes my brain. I have no shame in admitting that I am only half of a brain without her. 

My Evil Back is not letting me do most of the things I want to do lately and it's frustrating to only be able to be upright for so long before collapsing from pain. I'm sick of counting spoons (check out the Spoon Theory if that confuses you) before I do every little thing so that I know if I will have enough spoons left over for whatever I have planned later in the day. I would love to be able to do somethingthing in the morning without mentally calculating if I'll be spending my evening knitting in my comfy bed rather than being active and functioning as a normal human. 

When I couldn't sit through a coffee/lunch date with Half Brain, we just laid on her couches and talked. Now that's a best friend. Not only that, but she had my order of Girl Scout cookies ready for me to devourtake home.

On my way home, 12 boxes of expensive-but-so-worth-it cookies in my car calling my name, I went through the drive thru for some lunch. As the guy handed me my bag of deliciousness, he said, "Have a good day, sir." 

I pulled around the corner, parked the car, and took this picture...
Sir?!
I left very confused and more than mildly amused. 

To be fair, I would have actually been offended if he'd called me ma'am. While I am certain I do not look like a sir, I am most definitely not old enough to be a ma'am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...