That's Me

That's Me

Sunday, March 6, 2016

You Can't Catch Crazy, Crazy Catches You

This morning Amazing Grace was packing for a cooking show event she is going to with some other culinary students. Other than a mock interview, she has never had to dress in "business casual" before, so my girl was modeling her new outfit me to critique. You don't want to make any mistakes when you're in a professional setting, hoping to make connections for your future career, yo.

I wouldn't be a real mama if I didn't say that of course she looked beautiful. I mean, it's a comment that is pretty much required when a mother talks about her daughter. The thing that makes it different in my case is that it's true.

So here we are talking about clothes, one of our favorite topics. Let me set the scene...Amazing Grace is in her new outfit. I'm looking at her. We are saying words. Watson decides that is the perfect moment to get into something he shouldn't. Here's what happened...

Me: Watson, stop that.

Watson: doesn't stop that

Me: Watson, if you don't stop, I'm going to spray you with water.

Watson: doesn't stop to even show that he is considering his options

Me: reaching for the water

Amazing Grace: He doesn't understand what you're saying.

Me: If he doesn't understand me, why does he sit on command and answer me when I call him?

Amazing Grace: shaking her head, rolling her eyes

Me: Why does he talk back when I talk to him?

Amazing Grace: I'm leaving before I catch the crazy.

Child, you can't catch the crazy from me. You're my child and grew up around it; it's already in you. The crazy is just waiting for the perfect moment to take over your life and the sooner you accept that the easier it'll be on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...