That's Me

That's Me

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Dirty Dancing

Hubby and I went to Dirty Dancing where in a few hours, hubby breathed in more estrogen than he gets in a week living in a house with 5 females. There were so many women revved up on excitement, wine, and nostalgia, it was the old lady version of a Justin Bieber concert. Picture all those screeching, giggling teeny boppers, all teary eyed and flush faced at the thought of the Biebs looking their way, grabbing their bff's arm because their excitement is threatening to knock them to the floor. Now add wine and 30 years. 

There were women wiping drool of their chins just waiting to get to their seats. I'm pretty sure those same women wet their pants once the show actually started. The combination of wine and bottled up excitement can easily cause an old lady bladder to shed a tear or two of its own. 

Mr. & Mrs. Eddi Girl

Looking around before the show, I saw that they had set up extra chairs to seat people in places that I've never before seen people sit. It was mostly people of the overflowing estrogen variety. I patted hubby's hand and told him he's a good boy for going to Dirty Dancing with me. Such a good boy. There were a few husbands holding the hand of a very giddy wife and laughing at the wistful look on the wife's face.  

At intermission hubby said the show was boring. I can't say I was surprised to hear him say that. I thought it was excellent and I was actually sad that we had to have an intermission. I didn't want to take a break from it. 

But, as these pictures prove, there is never truly a boring night with me. 

H: "Your weird face is
definitely weirder than mine."

"Why did you smile
like that?"
"To see what I
 look like without eyes."













H: "I had caramel in my mouth & you said to smile.
What's your excuse for that face?"
I have no answer.

He thought the second half was much better than the first half. Hubby liked half the show, I loved the entire thing. On top of that, we got a night out by ourselves. I'd say that alone is a win-win. 

For a very long time now, I have told hubby that when I graduate he  should could surprise me with a Mini Cooper for all my hard work. After the show, there just happened to be a black one in the lobby.
 
I graduate this year...
it's a sign, dear hubby.

Of course, you can't go to a Broadway show without getting in the photo booth so that you can feel like you're a part of the show. The props included sayings from the show. I told hubby to smile and hold whatever props I gave him. When he saw what he was holding, he was definitely amused. 

Sums us up pretty well, I think. 

I...well, I had the time of my life, and I owe it all to hubby. And if you've seen the movie, you know how cheesy that was of me to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...