That's Me

That's Me

Sunday, December 21, 2014

A Wee Bit Outdated?

When you show up at your new clinical site and see this...
...you wonder what kind of place you will be working in. Or what time you travelled back to. 

My very first clinical ever & this is what I walk in to find. Thoughts of archaic medical devices & treatments floated through my head. What had I gotten myself into 

Tobacco smoke
enama, anyone?
Maybe a good dose of heroin 
for
a dry, hacking cough? 


Perhaps a "Soothing Syrup" for infants with colic
with 65 mg of morphine in each serving? 

Possibly a 10" ice pick in the eye sockets
 for a headache or PMS? 


Mayhaps a lobotomy for depression? 







It all worked out in the end. I didn't have to take care of anyone in an iron lung or cut anyone to drain the demons out of their blood.

Hint: it doesn't work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...