That's Me

That's Me

Friday, October 25, 2013

This Amazing Fall Weather & Those Kinky Carrots

Fall for me means being cooler. Not awesome-cool, 'cause I'm totally as cool as any Queen can get; I mean temperature cool. Cool is a good thing. Ms. Menopause likes Fall weather. 

Fall has always been my favorite time of the year. It may be because I was born in October...my Birthday is in 3 days, for anyone that doesn't have it on their calendar yet...so I was literally born to love Autumn. I love the clothing that goes with Autumn, jeans or yoga pants & all that you can wear with them. Give me jeans, a cute top, a scarf, & heeled boots, baby.

The clothes are cuter & they are way better than sweating to death in shorts. Which brings me to the not sweating portion of Fall. What's there to not love about Not Sweating? 

Living in Wisconsin, I'm surrounded by the beautiful colors of Fall, but the beautiful reds, oranges, & yellows on a group of trees on a hill will take my breath away every time I see them. I love driving around before the leaves have fallen, just to look at the beautiful colors. If you're not in a state where the color change, you are really missing out. 

Being Ms. Menopause, I don't feel cold weather like other people do. I've always been warmer than other people, but now it's just ridiculous. Like Wednesday when I got ready for the day in the same type of clothes that I wore on Tuesday. Jeans. Long sleeves. Wonderful.

I went out to my truck. I saw my neighbor walk into her house, with a coat on. I looked down the street & saw another neighbor with a coat & hat on. I thought there was something wrong with these people to be so cold; I felt fine. 

I turned on my truck & that is when I saw that the temperature outside was much cooler than it had been the day before. 

That really is cold.

There is truly something wrong with my brain's sensory center. Even I know, from experience, that 33 is cold. Yet I was completely comfortable in just my shirt. 

Now, lest you think I don't dress my children appropriately, remember my kids are perfectly capable of knowing when they should be wearing a coat. They did dress for the weather for school that day & no one got frost bite. 

With the cooler temps comes cleaning out the garden. We got a lot of gorgeous, yummy carrots out of there & we also got some not-so-gorgeous, rather naughty carrots...

I feel like I should have knocked before
pulling these guys out of the ground.


Kinky things could be going
on in your own backyard
garden. Who knew?















I had no idea that carrots were gettin' it on in my garden. I feel that no one should get it on in my garden & I'm not too comfortable with the thought of my food making each other happy in that way

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spill what you're thinkin'...